If you are pregnant, you know that the baby you are expecting is a girl and you are looking for a name with a beautiful meaning and very popular for her, Maria it can be this name. Its history, its origin and meaning will surprise you. In addition, it is a name that, although centuries has passed since its origin, is still very fashionable among the names chosen by parents for their daughters. In Guiainfantil.com We will tell you everything about this beautiful name that begins with the letter M, even curiosities about what numerology defines as personality traits of the name Maria, as well as famous people who bear this name.
Maria is a feminine name of Hebrew origin, which derives from the word 'Myriam' which means: 'Excelsa', 'chosen one', 'the mother of God'.
The history of the Virgin Mary has made this name the most used in the Western world. According to the Bible, the Virgin Mary was born in Nazareth. His parents were according to tradition, San Joaquín and Santa Ana. Maria was of priestly family, descendant of Aaron; Isabel, mother of Juan and wife of the priest Zacarías, was his cousin. Mary and Joseph were of modest economic conditions, but rich in law-abiding holiness and virtue, as evidenced by the Gospel according to Saint Luke.
The name Maria means 'The one chosen by God', 'The beloved of God' since it comes from the Hebrew 'Myriam' what does it mean 'Excelsa'.
Why and when is the day of Saint Mary celebrated. Mary is a special name that has a very strong relationship with the Christian religion, for the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus of Nazareth, a person of vital importance. These are the days dedicated to Mary. Days on which the onomastics of the Virgin Mary, during the year:
- January 1 Holy Mary, Mother of God
- May 19 Mary, Mother of the Church
- August 15, La Asunción
- September 8, The Birth of the Virgin
- September 12, El Dulce Nombre de María.
- December 8, The Immaculate Conception of Mary
Popular, famous and famous people from the world of music, theater, cinema, science, literature and other professions, who bear the name María in its different variations:
- María Callas, soprano (1923-1977)
- María Carey, American singer, songwriter, actress and philanthropist (27.03.1970)
- María Guerrero, actress and theatrical businesswoman (1868-1928)
- María de Medeiros, Portuguese actress and film director (1965)
- María Montessori, a revolutionary Italian pedagogue who developed the Montessori method of early childhood education, based on 'letting go' (1870-1952)
- Marie Curie, scientist (1867-1934)
- Marie Laforet, French actress and singer (1939)
- Mary W. Shelley, writer 1797-1861)
- Mary Donaldson, Australian lawyer wife of Prince Frederick of Denmark (1972)
- María Elena Walsh, Argentine poet and singer-songwriter. Creator of Manuelita, the turtle, among many other children's songs (1930-2011)
The name Maria corresponds to number 6 of numerology. It is the number of emotional and sensitive babies, who have a clear vocation to help others.
- Positive traits: Intuition, responsibility, generosity and sense of justice. These are people who exude confidence and security. They tend to be sociable and learn a lot through imitation.
- Negative traits: Your sensitivity can become a weak point. They tend to be dependent on their parents and have a constant need for love and attention. Help them develop high self-esteem.
Without a doubt, Maria is one of the names preferred by parents for their girls. In general, the girls who bear this name are usually dreamy, friendly, sociable and with great analytical skills. If you are thinking of naming your baby Maria, but you want to combine it with another name, we have selected the 10 names that best combine with Maria, to form a compound name.
- Maria Belen
- Maria Clara
- Maria Cristina
- Maria Elena
- Maria Fernanda
- Maria Guadalupe
- Maria Isabel
- Maria Paula
- Maria Sofia
- Maria Victoria
Here we present 6 variants related to the beautiful name of the Virgin Mary, which can inspire you when choosing a name for your girl. We tell you the variants of Maria when this name is joined to others:
- Maria and Ana - Mariana
- Maria and Cinnamon - Marianela
- Maria and Elena - Marilena
- Maria and Isabel - Maribel
- Maria and Luisa - Marisa
- Maria and Stela - Maristela
If you like names with cute and attractive diminutives, then do not miss these 9 names that you will love. Know the diminutives of names that form other names with María.
- Maria Teresa - Maite
- Maria Fernanda - Mafer
- Maria Isabel - Maribel
- Maria de la Cruz - Maricruz
- Maria del Sol - Marisol
- María del Carmen - Maricarmen, Mamen, Karmele
- Maria de Lourdes - Lola
- Maria del Mar - Mar
- Maria del Pilar - Maripili
Maria is a popular name wherever you go. Learn what the name María is like in other languages:
- Maria in English: Mary / Mirian
- Maria in French: Marie
- Maria in German: Marie
- Maria in Italian: Maria
- Maria in Japanese: マ リ ア
- Maria in Chinese: 玛丽亚
- Maria in Russian: Мария
- Maria in Arabic: ماريا
- Maria in Korean: 마리아
Maria name coloring pages printable for kids
Virgin Mary Day, January 1. Names for girls
Most popular girl names for your baby
Biblical baby names. L - P
Biblical baby names. The most beautiful names for boys and girls
Most popular names for girls that begin with the letter M
Most frequent boy names to avoid strange names
Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Christmas poem by Gloria Fuertes