Holidays are over and Mexican children must return to school and the routine that it implies return to school life. That is the time when families should know the dates of the start of classes, the school days of their children, as well as vacation periods, holidays, bridges for holidays.
To make that easier for Mexican parents, Guiainfantil.com publishes the calendar of 2018-2019 school year, from Mexico. In that school year there will be:
- Beginning and end of the school year:
1. The 2018 - 2019 school calendar of 185 days for Basic Education is in force for public and private schools incorporated into the National Educational System; It starts on August 20 and ends on June 24, 2019.
2. The school calendar 2018 - 2019 of 195 days for Basic Education, in force for public and private schools incorporated into the National Educational System; it begins on August 20 and ends on July 8 of the following year.
- 4 bridges for holidays
1. On 11/2/18 for the Day of the Dead
2. On 11/19/18 for the anniversary of the Mexican Revolution
3. On 02/04/19 for the anniversary of the Constitution
4. On 03/18/19 for the Pretolera Expropriation.
- 2 days suspension from classes
1. On 05/01/19 for Labor Day
2. On 05/15/19 for Teacher's Day
3. Suspension of classes on eight Fridays by the School Technical Council.
- 3 Holiday periods
1. From 12/20/18 to 01/04/19
2. From April 15 to 26, 2019
3. From July 09 to July 31, 2019
If you wish to obtain more complete information about the school cycle of children in Mexico, regarding the 2018-2019 school year, click on the image below:
One of the most important tips to keep in mind when preparing children for their return to school is to anticipate and prepare children for adaptation or readjustment to school, and to catch up with the school routine. Follow some important tips:
1. If you notice that your child has a problem with his eyes, hearing, teeth, or other discomfort, take him to the pediatrician before classes start, so that he can start the school year healthy.
2. Respect the adjustment period of young children. They are important so that there is no stress when going back to school.
3. Motivates and cultivates good spirits in children, referring to going back to school as something very positive and with advantages, always. From what they will learn, from the new friends they will make.
4. Organize all the school supplies with your children. They will be excited to participate in the purchase of notebooks, backpack, etc.
5. Monitor the quality of your child's sleep. It is important that days before, children go to bed earlier, so that they get used to getting up earlier without problems.
6. Offer your child a diet rich in calcium, iron and vitamins. And do not go to school without breakfast.
You can read more articles similar to School calendar for children and families in Mexico, in the category of School / College on site.